Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I call the listing Realtor when I drive by a home I want to see?
- What if I want to see a home and my Realtor is unavailable?
- I know in this market, that builders are giving many incentives to buyers. If I go without a Realtor will I get a better deal?
- Can my Realtor show me other Realtor’s listings?
- How many homes will my Realtor show me?
- I know that my Realtor is going to get paid, how much is it going to cost me?
- Does my Realtor help me get financing?
- My Realtor told me I need to be pre-qualified prior to making an offer, is this true?
- Can my Realtor show me For Sale by Owner homes (FSBO)?
- In Closing:
1. Should I call the listing Realtor when I drive by a home I want to see?
You are always better off calling your Realtor. The reality is the listing Realtor is not going to be looking out for your benefit. They work for the seller. As mentioned earlier, at Tropical Realty we are “Single Agents” which means we represent you and only you during the transaction. We are required by law to look out for your best interests. You can be sure that the Listing Realtor is looking out for the best
2. What if I want to see a home and my Realtor is unavailable?
If your Realtor is not available and you can’t contact them by phone, contact the main office for help. Our phone number is (321) 259-9115. We always have a Realtor on duty to help our customers. At Tropical Realty we all work as a team and anyone who is available will gladly help you accomplish your goals.
3. I know in this market, that builders are giving many incentives to buyers. If I go without a Realtor will I get a better deal?
Realtors work in conjunction with almost every builder. Builders appreciate Realtors bringing them customers and offer the buyer the same incentives with or without a Realtor. As with all our Real Estate transactions, your Tropical Realty Realtor is going to represent you and watch out for your interests when buying a new construction home. Not only will we work with you and the builder every step of the way, many times we can get you extras or a better deal than you could get on your own.
4. Can my Realtor show me other Realtor’s listings?
Yes, this is the most misunderstood question we hear. Any Realtor can show any listing within Brevard County. Actually we can show you any listing in the State of Florida. Keep in mind that as “Single Agents”, we will be representing you during the transaction. In Florida most Realtors are Transaction Brokers and do not represent you. At Tropical Realty, we are obligated by law to look out for your best interests. We believe that by being Single Agents, we are doing what is most important for our clients.
5. How many homes will my Realtor show me?
Your Realtor should show you as many homes as it takes to find the home that best fits your needs. A good Realtor will do a great job of narrowing down your search to get the job done in the most efficient time period. However, our job and our mission are to fulfill your Real Estate needs and goals. We would never rush you into buying a home. Our slogan, “We Don’t Sell You, We Help You” is sincere. We take pride in helping you find the best home that matches your name. There is NEVER any sales pressure.
6. I know that my Realtor is going to get paid, how much is it going to cost me?
In almost all instances you do not pay for your Realtor. Real Estate Agents are paid by the seller from the proceeds of the sale.
7. Does my Realtor help me get financing?
Most Realtors have access to financing options. At Tropical Realty we have a preferred lender to help insure a smooth transaction.
8. My Realtor told me I need to be pre-qualified prior to making an offer, is this true?
Although it is not required by law, most sellers will want to see a letter from your bank or mortgage company stating your ability to fulfill the contract and close on their home. Many require a pre-qualification letter when submitting an offer.
9. Can my Realtor show me For Sale by Owner homes (FSBO)?
Most of the time. When you drive by a FSBO you should jot down the address and the telephone number and call your Realtor. The Realtor then talks to the owner and arranges the showing. Most FSBO’s will work with Realtors. Remember, as Single Agents we are working to protect you when buying your home. Most of the problem transactions we see are when a consumer buys a home without any Realtors involved. We work with buyers every single day. Why would you not want to be represented in one of your biggest investments you are going to make in your lifetime?
10. In Closing:
We work extremely hard to ensure you are completely satisfied in your Real Estate transaction. When most Real Estate companies and their Realtors will work as Transaction Brokers, we have decided to work as Single Agents to give you the ultimate in representation. We know how good we are and by being Single Agents, we are standing by our work. You are our priority. Your goals are our goals. We won’t rest until every need you have is completed to your satisfaction. Our promise to you is that you will receive 150% effort from every Realtor at Tropical Realty. The only thing we ask in return is your loyalty. Most of our customers have become friends for life. We would like to add you to our list of friends!